The PYSO Concerto Competition is an annual competition that is open to all current PYSO members. The first-place winner will perform with PYSO at the Heinz Hall concert on Saturday, February 11, 2023.
Competition Date and Location:
Saturday, November 5, 2022 from 12:00 to 5:00 PM at Heinz Hall in Rehearsal Room 1 (4th Floor).
Application Deadline is 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
• The audition piece does not have to be a concerto by name, but it must be a work for soloist and orchestra.
• Your audition piece should be between 10 and 15 minutes in length. If your piece is longer and comprised of movements, you should choose which part of the piece you would like to perform.
• You can audition on the instrument that you play in PYSO, or on other instrument(s) that you play, including piano.
• Memorization is required for the audition and performance.
• Piano accompaniment is required for the audition
• Orchestral accompaniment parts must be available to purchase or rent.
• Previous first-place winners are not eligible to re-audition.
• Depending on the number of students auditioning, we may need to limit the length of time for each audition to ten minutes.
• We will make every attempt to accommodate your scheduling request but cannot guarantee that all requests can be met. The sooner you fill out and submit the form back to our office the better chance of getting your requested time.
PYSO Concerto Competition Application
Please complete the following and submit by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.