This year’s PYSO Concerto Competition will be virtual and will include cash prizes!
First Prize – $300 & professionally produced recording at a premier Pittsburgh venue
Second Prize – $200
Third Prize – $150
Video recordings will be due by January 15, 2021.
The PYSO Concerto Competition is open to current PYSO members and this year, the winner(s) will be featured in a special youtube video that will be posted on PYSO’s youtube channel, on our website, and featured in our social media posts.
• The competition is open to all current PYSO members.
• The audition piece does not have to be a concerto per se, but it must feature a soloist that has orchestral accompaniment.
• You can audition on the instrument that you play in PYSO, or on other instrument(s) that you play, including piano.
• Memorization is required.
• Piano accompaniment is NOT required. You may choose to record your audition with a pianist but having or not having piano accompaniment will not factor into judging the outcome of the competition.
• Indicate below whether your piece has movements or sections. Your audition piece should be between 10 and 15 minutes in length. If your piece is longer and comprised of movements, you should choose which part of the piece you would like to perform.
• Previous winners are not eligible to re-audition.
Fill in the information requested below and submit via email by Friday, January 15, 2021, attaching a video file with your audition. The audition video itself may be what’s used when we feature the winner(s). You should be appropriately attired and record in a setting that would be suitable for publication.