College Student Contact Information
If you are a college student- please list your full mailing address at college. If not, please enter "NA" in required fields.
Member Agreement and Publicity Release Information
By signing and returning this document, you hereby:
• Accept membership in the Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra for the 2020-2021 season.
• Agree to follow the policies and procedures established by PYSO. Please click the following link to our Policies and Procedures and review. The document is also available on the “For Members” page of PYSO’s website.
• Acknowledge that you have been informed of the PYSO schedule and that given the current status of COVID19, that the PYSO program for the first part of the season will be virtual. If we can do so, we will schedule sectionals or smaller rehearsals that follow size restriction guidelines.
• Agree to abide by the PYSO’s attendance requirements and guidelines. Please note, the current status of COVID19 makes our first and foremost concern the health and well-being of our students, staff and PYSO families.
• Acknowledge that the membership dues for the 2020-2021 season are $500 that may be paid in one installment; two installments or eight equal installments. If you would like to propose/discuss an alternate payment plan, please do not hesitate to contact the office. Please see invoice for more details. Any student may apply for scholarship (financial) assistance for membership dues by submitting the online scholarship application form.
• Acknowledge that you are aware that you will need to sign and return a copy of the PYSO Minor Participant Waiver/Release Form.
• Authorize PYSO and its legal representatives to use and reproduce member’s name, image and voice in any and all PYSO publications, advertising, promotions and website for the 2020-2021 season and that all materials shall be the property of PYSO solely and completely.
2020-21 PYSO Attendance Policy
A guiding philosophy of the Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra is that professional responsibility is critical to musical excellence. Absences are detrimental to the orchestra’s progress and counterproductive to your own personal musical growth. However, we understand that absences may be unavoidable and have developed the following attendance policy.
Normally, students are permitted a total of 5 absences per season, not to exceed more than 3 in any one rehearsal cycle leading up to a major concert. However, flexibility must be allowed for the current season.
• If PYSO members or anyone in their immediate living situation have tested positive for COVID19 or present with any symptoms, you cannot attend in-person rehearsals. COVID19 has a wide range of symptoms from mild to severe, such as: Fever or chills/cough/shortness of breath or difficulty breathing/fatigue/muscle or body aches/headache/new loss of taste or smell/sore throat/congestion or runny nose/nausea or vomiting/diarrhea. Please consult your physician for question or concerns.
• If any PYSO member is in an at-risk population for COVID19 (as listed on the CDC website) you are not required to attend in-person rehearsals. However, we do request medical documentation to be excused.
• All members are expected to attend all scheduled activities, whether virtual or in-person when such activities resume.
• Absence Forms are located on the “For Members” page of the website and need to be filled out and submitted online no less than two weeks before the scheduled activity. The PYSO office Staff evaluates absence requests/notifications on an individual basis.
• Reasons for absence will be treated on a case by case basis.
• Conflicts with religious holidays and/or mandatory school activities would not be counted as an absence if we are made aware of conflicts in advance.
• The PYSO Calendar located under the “What’s Happening” tab on PYSO’s website includes the 2020-21 season schedule and has the most up-to-date information for programs and activities.
• Weekly reminders as well as notices of last-minute changes or cancellations will be sent out via text message or email to students and parents via “remind.com”.
2020-21 Membership Dues
Membership dues cover only a small portion of PYSO’s annual operating expenses. The remainder is covered by grants, donations, fundraisers, and other income.
If you have more than one child in PYSO there is a $50 membership discount for the second child.
Scholarship assistance, based on financial need or merit, is available for membership dues. If you wish to apply,
please fill out the scholarship application form and submit it with all other forms no later than August 28, 2020.