Welcome from the 2019 -2020 PYSOPA
Dear PYSO Parents,
We would like to welcome all of you to the Pittsburgh Youth Symphony Orchestra Parents Association (PYSOPA). We are grateful for your participation in the Parents Association, as we realize your time and resources are precious!
Our first PA meeting this year is Sunday, September 8 at 7:00 PM (after the PYSO Meal for students). We invite all parents to attend.
In addition to holding elections to re-organize the PYSO PA officers, we will also have an information session and Q&A on PYSO’s concert tour to the Baltics/Scandinavia.
The level of involvement in our Parents Association is entirely up to you! Opportunities to volunteer are plentiful. We currently have these positions open:
- PYSOPA President (we encourage parents with younger students to run)
- Meal Coordinator on concert days (Pei, Phoebe & Sophie Chen’s mom, living in the South Hills, has accepted to fill in one of the two.)
- Apparel Sale Coordinator
- Candid Photos Taker (will step in to take photos at one or two rehearsals)
- Video Recording on concert days
- Trip Fundraising Coordinator for upcoming projects
Next year is a big trip year and it would be so great to head into the new year with these positions filled. Please let the Parents Association know if you might be able to help out or even co-chair a position.
Go to smile.amazon.com and designate Pittsburgxh Youth Symphony Orchestra as your charity.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at Amazon Smile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization.
PYSO Apparel Sale
- PYSO Apparel sale normally includes shirts, sweatshirts, etc. with the PYSO name and logo.
- You can download and print the form by following this link: 2018 PYSO Apparel Sale. Completed forms with payment need to be turned in by Sunday, Nov. 11.
- For the past couple of years we have used the company Shields Embroidery in the Mt. Lebanon area. Shields is very easy to work with and provides forms, takes payments and sorts orders. We were able to make a small profit from the sales in the past .
- Volunteer(s) are needed to help. Please contact Stephanie Schulte-Albert (email@example.com) if you are interested.